USBCHA B/D CONFERENCE CALL -
DEC. 10, 2002
Directors on call: Dan Gill, Lena Bailey, Joyce Geier, Bill
Evans, Jim Swift, Stormy Winters, Ricky Fletcher, Werner Reitboeck, Amanda
Milliken, Scott Glen, Sandra Milberg, Amy Coapman, Gary Westbrook, Vergil
Holland, Kent Kuykendall, Red Oliver, Dal Kratzer, Barb Ross,
Directors not on call: Beverly Lambert, Leo Woodbury, Jeanne
McCaig, CynDee Cooper
1. Meeting called to order by President Mike Canaday, at 7 PM,
2. Francis Raley read the minutes of the last B/D meeting held in
Labanon, Tn. on Nov. 14, 2002. Stormy moved to accept minutes as read,
second by Amanda Milliken. Unanimously passed
3. Mike gave the treasurer's report: Check account balance Dec. 5th
$ 8,755.34 - Saving Account $36,237.19 - livestock fund $3,066.59. Total
$ 48,059.22. Stormy moved to accept Treasure's report, second by Sandra
Milberg. Unanimously passed
4. Mike said the only item on the meeting was nominations for the
5. Stormy Winters nominated Mike Canaday, Joyce Geier nominated Kent
Kuykendall, Stormy moved that nominations cease, second by Dal Kratzer.
6. Stormy Winters nominated Dan Gill for Vice President, Joyce Geier
nominated Susan Carvalho Dal Kratzer moved that nominations cease, second
by Stormy Winter. Unanimously passed
7. Stormy Winters nominated Francis Raley for Secretary. Stormy
moved the nominations cease, second by Dan Gill. Unanimously passed
8. Mike stated that Francis will be accepting the votes by email or
fax for seven days after the ballot is emailed to directors.
9. Sandra asked how much out of pocket expenses was paid by HA
Association. She asked if we had enough spectators and sponsors to cover
the cost. Mike said he thought we had done very well, with the help of
people who solicited sponsors. Some of the sponsors were Tractor Supply
Co giving $5,000, Steve Clendenin's benefit trial donating $8,600, other
donations that probably totaled another $5,000. Despite the weather being
cold and wet the gate took in around $7,000. If the weather had been
better he felt like there would have been more spectators. He believed
the finals were finically successful as well mainly due to the people in
that district that got behind the Finals. Larry Jones was instrumental
in obtaining sponsorship from Tractor Supply and others. Mike said he
feels that it was a very successful Finals.
10. Dan thanked the Directors and Joint Trial Committee for their
support, everyone working together made a successful Finals.
11. Joyce Geier asked how Francis would be sending the ballots.
Francis will email/fax ballots to Directors with expected date return of
12. Ricky Fletcher, retiring Director, said he had enjoyed working
with the Directors, and has been pleased with what he has seen taken place
and the addition of the web site.
13. Stormy Winters moved to adjourn, second by Sandra Milberg.
Francis Raley, Dec. 10, 2002